What documents do I need?

We can scrap your car without the logbook V5 document. However you are legally obliged to notify the  DVLA that your vehicle is SORN and ready to be de-registered. If you have not notified the DVLA in writing then it's possible they could take the decision to prosecute and fine you. . You might also want to print an extra copy of our vehicle surrender form and post that to DVLA. You can find the DVLA web site by following the link below.

Link to DVLS SORN website.

Certificate of Destruction(CoD)

This is the document that confirms your vehicle will be scrapped in a lawful and environmentally sound manner. We de-register all vehicles that we dismantle with DVLA as well!. You can get a copy for your vehicle on request once the vehicle has been de-registered. The DVLA pamphlet covering this can be found at the link below.

Link to DVLA CoD pamphlet.

Collection form (without Log Book)

If you have lost the log book for your vehicle we can still collect your vehicle. Please open the Scarp Car Collecting document below. Once you have completed the document, print it out and sign it. You will need to hand this completed document to our driver when he collects your vehicle. We will ask you for proof of identity when we collect your vehicle. Our driver will give you a receipt for your vehicle and a Certificate of Destruction will be available from our office on request.

Scrap Car Collection request form.